Getting older is an inevitable stage of our human existence. When you're in that age, you can either stay at home or live in home cares where many health providers can attend to your needs. However, the second option wouldn't be much better if you have these technologies to stay healthy, safe and independent in the comforts of your own home.
The increasing trends in monitoring and reminder systems are reaching for the senior members of our society. These technologies are being integrated in home care institutions, to assist health providers and residential homes as well, to support independent living.
There is an enormous list of technologies available on the web, but in this article I've listed down 10 helpful technologies for the elderly.
1) Carebots - robot caregivers
2) eNeighbor System - wireless sensor
4) WIFI Monitoring Wristband - for precise locator system
5) Living Room Systems - home network reminder system
6) Pet Robots - for robotic therapy
7) Autonomous Wheelchair - for the disabled seniors
8 Home Appliances with remote control systems
9) Laptop or Desktop - for web browsing and constant communication with loved ones
10) Telemedicine - for do-it-yourself guided online treatments
If you decide to live with your family beyond your golden age, you might as well prepare early because some of these are quite expensive..